Sausage Tortellini with Farmhouse Original
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 – 10 servings
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb. ground Italian Sausage
1 cup (approx. 6 oz.) Farmhouse Original
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
24 oz package of fresh cheese Tortellini
3 cups spaghetti sauce (1-24 oz jar)
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1. Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet. Crumble in sausage and cook through, until no longer pink.
2. Stir in spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, and tortellini.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender. While pasta is cooking, turn broiler on low (optional).
4. Remove from heat. Sprinkle Farmhouse Original and Parmesan evenly over tortellini.
5. Place pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Alternately, you could place the lid back on the pan and let the heat from the pasta melt the cheese.